$106 Billon Provider Relief Fund has Been Distributed
With the CARES Act being created in March and $175 billion being allocated for hospitals and other healthcare providers, the question was, how would the money be allocated and when. As of September 28th, 2020, HHS announced $106 billion in relief payments had been made to date. Below is an outline of current allocation and updates.
- $104.5 billion has been distributed to 525,000 providers
- Of those, more than 343,000 have attested that they met the terms and conditions.
- According to records released by HHS, individual providers received payments ranging from $1 to $300,000 per person.
- $1.27 billion has gone to testing and treating uninsured patients.
- $824.8 million for care.
- $445.3 million for testing.
For providers that attested to funds, HHS released new guidelines for reporting that can be accessed here: Provider Relief Fund Reporting Updates.