2018 eCQM Value Set Addendum for EPs, ECs Released
October 2017 ~
CMS, on September 29, issued an addendum to the electronic clinical quality measure (eCQM) annual update specifications published in May 2017.
The addendum updates the eCQM value sets, technical release notes, and the binding parameter specification for the 2018 Reporting period for Eligible Hospitals and Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) and the Performance period for Eligible Professionals (EPs) and Eligible Clinicians.
Electronic reporting of eCQMs for following programs will be affected by this update:
- Quality Payment Program: Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and Alternative Payment Models (APM)
- Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR)
- Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program for EPs
- Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs for Eligible Hospitals and CAHs
All changes to the 2018 Reporting/Performance Period eCQM value sets are available through the National Library of Medicine’s Value Set Authority Center (VSAC). The value sets are available as a complete set, as well as value sets per measure. CMS suggests measure implementers review these changes to ensure their submissions comply with the updated requirements.
Value sets are based on updates to the following terminology code systems:
- International Classification of Diseases, 10th Revision – Clinical Modification and Procedure Coding System (ICD-10-CM/PCS)
- Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes (LOINC)
- SNOMED CT
- Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and Vaccine Administered (CVX)
- Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS)
CMS notes that no changes have been made to the measure logic, the Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF) specifications, the value set object identifiers (OIDs), and the measure version numbers for 2018 eCQM reporting.
More information regarding the addendum and eCQM value sets can be found at the eCQI Resource Center.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Source(s): eCQI Resource Center; Eligible Professional/Eligible Clinician eCQMs; eCQM value sets; U.S. National Library of Medicine;