Aetna Updates Commercial Drug Lists
April 2018 ~
Effective July 1, Aetna will update its pharmacy plan drug lists. These changes will affect all Pharmacy Management drug lists, precertification, quantity limits and step-therapy programs.
These changes are as follows:
- Granulocyte-Colony Stimulating Factor Products
- Granix® (injection tbo-filgrastim)
- Leukine® (injection sargramostim, GM-CSF)
- Neulasta® (injection pegfilgrastim)
- Neupogen® (injection filgrastim, G-CSF)
- Zarxio® (injection filgrastim, G-CSF, biosimilar)
- As of July 1, 2018, Zarxio® will be considered the least costly short-acting granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) product.
- All G-CSFs will remain on the National Precertification List and require precertification.
- Coverage for Neupogen® and Granix® will require a trial of Zarxio® and will also need to meet the clinical precertification criteria.
- Neulasta® will not be affected by this change.
A list of these changes can be seen on Aetna’s Formularies & Pharmacy Clinical Policy Bulletins page. Note: for Aetna Standard Plan, these changes will be made available in May 2018.
Source(s): Aetna OfficeLink Updates™ All regions;