Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Clinical, Medical, and Coding Updates
September 2019 ~
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) has posted it recent Clinical, Medical, and Coding Updates, including revisions to Gene Therapy for Spinal Muscular Atrophy guidelines and changes to Positron Emission Tomography (PET) guidelines.
These updates are as follows.
Revised Medical Policies
- Effective Date: July 30, 2019
- 00129 – Gene Therapy for Spinal Muscular Atrophy
Archived Clinical Guidelines
The following guideline has been archived and has been replaced by AIM guidelines.
- Effective Date: October 1, 2019
- CG-MED-80 – Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and PET/CT Fusion
Anthem BCBS will implement coding updates in the claims system for the following clinical guidelines listed below which may result in not medically necessary determinations for certain services.
- Effective Date: December 14, 2019
- CG-SURG-101 – Ablative Techniques as a Treatment for Barrett’s Esophagus
Source(s): Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Provider News;