Humana Issues Provider Resources for COVID-19
March 2020 ~
As an aid to providers, Humana has created a space to easily access information regarding updated clinical guidelines and administrative processes concerning COVID-19.
The insurer’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) page includes information on recently updated diagnosis codes, expanded telehealth services, updated administrative processes, as well as patient benefit updates.
Diagnosis Codes and Laboratory Testing Updates
- Interim ICD-10-CM Official Coding Guidelines for encounters related to COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak
- New ICD-10-CM code U07.1, COVID-19 – effective April 1, 2020
- The addition of two HCPCS codes for testing performed on or after February 4, 2020
Telehealth Expansion Update – effective March 23, 2020
- Temporary expansion of telehealth service scope and reimbursement rules
- Temporary expansion of telehealth channels
- Temporary expansion of member cost-share waivers for telehealth
- Multiple practitioner types can deliver telehealth services
Updated Administrative Processes
- Waived site visit requirements
- Licensed providers will be allowed to practice outside of the licensed state
- Decredentialing process hold for providers missing information
- Expanded member cost-share waiver on COVID-19 related testing
- Removal of certain preauthorization requirements
- Increased options for prescription delivery
- Early prescription refills permitted for the next 30 days
For more information, see Humana’s COVID-19 Provider Resources page.
Source(s): Humana for Healthcare Providers;