Provider Relief Fund Reporting Overdue, New Funds Available
Provider Relief Fund Reporting
Did your practice receive PRF (Provider Relief Fund) payments over $10,000 from April 10, 2020 to June 30, 2020?
- If so, the PRF Reporting Portal is open where you must report how the funds were used.
- Reporting was officially due by September 30 but a 60-day grace period was just added.
- Recoupment or other enforcement actions will not take place during the 60-day grace period.
- Unused funds must be returned no later than December 30.
- Note: this schedule only applies to funds received during “Period 1”, i.e. April 10 to June 30, 2020.
If your practice received Provider Relief Fund payments after June 30, 2020 the key dates are
|Payment Received||Deadline to Use||Reporting Period|
|Period 2||July 1 – Dec 31, 2020||Dec 31, 2021||Jan 1 – Mar 31, 2022|
|Period 3||Jan 1 – June 30, 2021||June 30, 2022||July 1 – Sep 30, 2022|
|Period 4||July 1 – Dec 31, 2021||Dec 31, 2022||Jan 1 – Mar 31, 2023|
New Provider Relief Funds
On September 29, applications opened for an additional $25.5 billion in PRF funds “to offset revenue loss and higher expenses due to the pandemic.” Applications must be completed before October 26.
- These funds are targeted at smaller providers and those that have a disproportionate amount of Medicaid and/or Medicare patients.
- In the press release announcing the new funding, HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra said, “The funding will be distributed with an eye towards equity, to ensure providers who serve our most vulnerable communities will receive the support they need.”