Reminder: Phase 3 Provider Relief Fund Applications Ends Soon
Providers only have until November 6, 2020, to apply for Phase 3 General Distribution funding. The Phase 3 distribution will offer additional financial assistance to providers who continue to experience financial challenges, previously ineligible providers (e.g. new practices that started in 2020), and behavioral health workers. Below we breakdown eligibility and payment methodology and how to apply.
HHS is facilitating eligibility for Phase 3 General Distribution funding to a large number of providers including:
- Providers who previously received, rejected, or accepted a General Distribution Provider Relief Fund payment. Providers that have already received payments of approximately 2% of annual revenue from patient care may submit more information to become eligible for an additional payment.
- Behavioral Health providers, including those that previously received funding and new providers.
- Healthcare providers that began practicing January 1, 2020, through March 31, 2020. This includes those enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, as well as dentists, assisted living facilities, and behavioral health providers.
All eligible providers will be considered for payment against the below criteria.
- All provider submissions will be reviewed to confirm they have received a Provider Relief Fund payment equal to approximately 2 percent of patient care revenue from prior general distributions or fit other eligible categories as illustrated above. Applicants that have not yet received Relief Fund payments of 2 percent of patient revenue will receive a payment that, when combined with prior payments (if any), equals 2 percent of patient care revenue.
- With the remaining balance of the $20 billion budget, HRSA will then calculate an equitable add-on payment that considers the following:
- A provider’s change in operating revenues from patient care.
- A provider’s change in operating expenses from patient care, including expenses incurred related to Coronavirus.
- Payments a provider already received through prior Provider Relief Fund distributions.
Applying for Funding
- Download and complete the Provider Relief Fund General Distribution Application
- NOTE: You cannot edit or resubmit once your application is submitted.
- Set up an Optum ID if you don’t have one already.
- Sign up for updates.
- Add your organization’s TIN and the exact name associated with the TIN.
- Have a program administrator attest to the TIN and submit information on behalf of your organization.
- Wait until the TIN is validated by checking the TIN dashboard.
For any concerns or questions about your application status call the CARES Act Provider Relief line at 866-569-3522