Texas CHIP Rural and Hidalgo Service Areas Contracts Announced
March 2018 ~
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) has announced the six contract awards for the state’s Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Rural and Hidalgo Service Areas scheduled to begin on September 1.
The HHSC released the draft of RFP# 529-18-0001A to solicit public review, written comment, and proposals for CHIP, Rural and Hidalgo Service Areas, in accordance with the specifications contained in the draft Request for Proposals (“RFP”).
Contracts have been awarded to the following organizations:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Driscoll Children’s Health Plan
- Molina Healthcare of Texas, Inc.
- Molina Healthcare of Texas Insurance Company
- Superior Health Plan, Inc.
- Texas Children’s Health Plan, Inc.
Source(s): Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts;