Pain Management Billing Company
How does AdvantEdge Deliver Superior Results?
All medical billing companies follow the same procedures:
- Charge capture/entry
- Claims filing
- Payment posting
- Coding is performed by AdvantEdge certified coders, assuring accurate and fully compliant billing. When provider documentation is unclear, our coders request immediate clarification for accurate billing.
- Our coders provide regular feedback to improve physician documentation and, where desired, physician education classes.
- Comprehensive EMR, ECC and hospital interfaces not only collect charge information quickly, they have built-in error correction and reconciliation processes to assure that every procedure performed is billed.
- Sophisticated claim edits assure that only clean claims are filed. 99% of all claims filed are accepted by the payor.
- Along with payments, all EOB information is posted, including denial information.
- Secondary claims are filed automatically as soon as primary payment is posted.
- If a patient balance exists after insurance payment, a statement is immediately issued.
- Patients can pay via an online portal, phone or mail with the full variety of payment types available: credit card, check, e-check, etc.
- Denials are addressed immediately by the appropriate specialist, based on the type of denial.
- Underpayments are identified and worked by an insurance specialist.
- Delays in payment from insurers or patients are reviewed and processed by A/R follow-up experts.
- All billing work is visible to clients on a daily basis.
- Comprehensive reporting and analysis is provided monthly and, where requested, on a daily and weekly basis.
- The AdvantEdge Client Manager works as an extension of your practice or hospital and is available at any time to answer questions and to provide additional information on the full range of cardiology billing, coding and business intelligence.
- We provide the full spectrum of practice management services, starting with enrollment (credentialing) and contract negotiations. Plus, as required, some or all HR, accounting and financial support.
AdvantEdge Analytics: Medical Billing Information Anytime, Anywhere
In the past, a set of monthly reports was all that was offered by medical billing companies. Today, the expectations are quite different. Cardiology practices expect easy access to current billing results every day, whenever they wish.
The AdvantEdge Analytics (A2) online portal provides HIPAA compliant access to a summary and details of charges, adjustments, receipts, A/R, and procedure volumes and more.
The data is updated daily with the ability to drill down the access to detailed information by payor, provider, location, type of service, etc. This information can be exported in a variety of formats. In addition, regularly scheduled reports are delivered to A2 with no delays from paper distribution and no need to email patient-protected information. Ad hoc reports can also be requested via A2 and delivered to the dashboard. The entire dashboard and reporting system conforms to federal standard NIST SP 800-52 and other relevant standards required by HIPAA and HITECH encryption standard.
Our ClientFirst approach offers complete transparency when working with our clients.
Personal communications is another key dimension. We communicate in as many ways as you wish about practice performance, day-to-day management of the revenue cycle and strategic direction. Your AdvantEdge Client Manager represents our entire company and is available to you at any time. Our team of coding, billing and practice management experts communicate regularly on your account. And our executives are an integral part of your support team.
Every one of our staff members is focused on the performance of your practice. Unique to the medical billing industry, our staff members receive bonuses tied to superior results for your group. At AdvantEdge, we know that your practice is more successful when communication flows easily from the billing office to your sites, physicians, and administration.
Our philosophy is to strive to operate as a business partner, not just a vendor. We find that this cooperative, “win-win” approach, yields better results for you and for us. We look forward to the opportunity to demonstrate how this partnership can benefit your group.
Billing in House? Could a Billing Company be a Better Solution?
Is growth in your company making it hard for your billing staff to keep up? Are current billing costs too high? Does your billing staff not find time to work A/R? Do routine billing tasks take too long? Is your software vendor “nickel and diming” you for updates? If you have any of these symptoms, we can help.
Traditionally, some practices have felt that they needed in-house billing to maintain controll over their medical practice. With today’s sophisticated informatics and communications, AdvantEdge allows you to keep that control. In fact, many practices now feel that they have more control with a billing partner than with their own staff.
In addition to cost advantages (a variable billing cost instead of the fixed and growing expenses of an in-house operation), a billing company has a much deeper bench of expertise available to your group. And companies like AdvantEdge offer technology capabilities that no in-house operation can afford or develop.
To find out more, have us prepare a Practice Review to compare costs and capabilities on a highly detailed basis.