Radiology Coding Services
If your radiology practice or hospital is in need of stand alone coding support or comprehensive coding and billing services, the AdvantEdge team of 100 skilled and certified coders are ready to help.
AdvantEdge professional coders are:
- AAPC (American Association of Professional Coders), AHIMA, and/or RCC certified
- Highly experienced, with on average 10+ years of coding experience
- Knowledgeable about all government and insurance regulatory requirements
- Experienced with payer specific coding requirements
Radiology coding solutions include:
- Coding staff augmentation
- Comprehensive coding workflow
- Coding audits
- Training in compliance
- Coding Education
Coding is a very important piece of the billing process. Coding professionals must understand all the regulatory requirements and the clinical work being performed in detail. AdvantEdge only hires and trains highly experienced and certified coders with these skills to perform this task at a high level of proficiency every day. Our “standards of ethical coding” highlight the “decision-making” dimensions of coding and outline the company’s expectations for making ethical decisions. All coding work is audited by quality assurance experts to ensure the highest accuracy.
- Apply deep knowledge of current coding and classification systems, and official resources to select the most appropriate diagnostic, procedural, and supply codes, including applicable modifiers, and other codes as required (including substances, equipment, supplies, or other items used in the provision of healthcare services).
- Apply accurate and consistent coding practices.
- Only assign and report the codes that are clearly and consistently supported by coding documentation. This documentation can include forms, records, other electronic and/or scanned images of clinical procedures and other medical services.
- Adhere to ICD coding conventions and the official coding guidelines approved by the Cooperating Parties (the American Health Information Management Association, American Hospital Association, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and National Center for Health Statistics).
- Follow CPT rules created by the American Medical Association, and other official coding rules and guidelines established by the industry
- Seek clarification and proper documentation from the provider prior to assigning codes when documentation is conflicting, incomplete or ambiguous.
- Work with AdvantEdge Client Managers to assist and educate physicians and other clinicians in proper documentation practices when needed to more accurately reflect the acuity, severity, and the occurrence of events.
- Protect the confidentiality of health information at all times and refuse to access it if not required for coding related activities.
- Are credentialed through AHIMA, AAPC or other professional accredited coding organizations and follow all procedures necessary to maintain these credentials.
- Continually enhance their coding competency through educational programs, reading official coding publications, and other applicable continuing educational resources in order to stay abreast of changes in codes, coding guidelines, and regulatory requirements.